Sunday, May 15, 2011

2-MGTNYDVDWL

So yesterday I did another 2 mile "long run." I stopped to stretch out my calves after I finished the first mile (cause guess what!?!? they are hurting again) and the watch stopped timing, then I started messing around with it, pushed every button and finally gave up on it. I realized, I have no idea how to work that thing. So I spent a good part of the afternoon learning how to use it. I finally was able to download the software and find out where I can see my results on the computer.


Oh! I am convinced for sure that my treadmill is off on the speed setting. My Garmin said I was going 10:30 avg - which is substantially different then my 12-13 minute miles on the treadmill. Something is up. I can say, if that is the case, well that will be my secret weapon to 9 minute miles....that and a lot of praying....and some weight loss....and some more praying...begging....pleading....please God help me get there!!!


I bought the Yoga DVD from Target and will be committing to doing it every Sunday.




Source


This year I am combining strength with running (which is another reason why my miles are building slow). I was hesitant last year since #1 I had no idea what I was getting myself into in the first place and #2 I build muscle very fast - I mean the bulky unfeminine kind not the pretty long lean kind. But I am guessing I will need muscle to get faster and I am hoping that as long as I am not lifting heavy weights and just do more repetitions of lighter weights I won't bulk up too much.


Wow - this post is really all over the place...I have no idea what the title should be...perhaps "2 Mile Garmin Troubles New Yoga DVD Weight Lifting," hmmmm I think that is just a tad too long - aha! I will make it an acronym!

No comments:

Post a Comment