Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Days Off

I haven't been writing that much because there really has not been that many things to write about. I pulled a muscle - by the Achilles tendon from the sprints I was doing and so I took about 4 days off. I decided to take some time off when after 2 miles of jogging I was stuck limping home for a mile. I sat on a bus bench stretching knowing I was only a few blocks away but really just wanting to have someone drive me home. It sucked. So I got home, iced it, took a few Advil and decided I needed to ease back into running after I took a few days off.

I went for the first run on Sunday - just planned on 3 easy miles. After 2 I started getting the pain again, so I just walked home. No limping this time. I just started walking at the first ache.

I went down to the beach tonight and did an easy 3 miles again. I ran the whole way. Slow and steady in the beginning, after I was warmed up I picked up some speed. I felt great - no pain! I kept having to tell myself to keep it slow. The last thing I want is to have to take more time off because I pushed myself too hard.

I commit ed to this 6 week challenge I saw posted on Healthy Tipping Point. The goal is to get to 100 push ups and 200 sit ups the site had a goal of 200 Squats so I went with that too. I did the test to see where I was at apparently I rock at squats - I did 50 in a row so I get to start at week 3. I suck at sit ups and push ups. I was only able to do 7 real push ups and 25 crunches I have a long way to go.

As far as my running plan - I have put it on hold. I am just easing back into running. I am just going easy until I am certain I am 100% then back to the plan.

1 comment: