Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Trot

I have been attempting to get this post up for a while - so please excuse the tardiness:

Thanksgiving was a nutty day! I was not ready for the race the day of. I was at Disneyland with my dad the day before so when I got home late, I was not in the mood to set all my stuff up. I figured it was a 10K - I didn't need all the stuff that I needed for the 1/2 Marathon. WRONG. We took Jesse with us, so factoring that in I was not at all prepared. But I made it. We drove off at about 5:50am and got there in time for me to go to the port-a-potty.

The race was super fun. I hardly felt like I was running the first few miles. It was a good run. I have good runs and bad runs - I think it depends on the amount of rest that I have before I go. I felt terrific. I came in in 1:07. That is a great time for me! I aimed for 1 hour - but that was close enough! 10K's are a great race distance for me = long enough to enjoy it but short enough not to kill myself.

Can you find me??




Bill did awesome too! He did his 5K in a little over 24 minutes. I was so proud. He had been thinking about giving up the race thing because of his knees, but I think this race and his time gave him a whole new excitement about it again. I'm glad, since he is my race partner.



Jesse and I were playing with the camera while we waited for Bill to come around:



(I wrote this last Saturday) Today I am off for Thanksgiving part 2 at my mom and dad's house. MMMMM turkey and stuffing, I just can't get enough!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

So okay, I need to get back to running again. I have been sucking about going since the race. My excuses have been that it has been dark early and with the cold and Bill has been working late, so I can't go off by myself (I have to push the stroller - I HATE that). So, I have decided to just suck it up and run with the stroller - knowing it will be just temporary. I guess it is better then the treadmill. I'll try to work on getting to posting more to keep myself more accountable : )

2 comments:

  1. I love the last photo. adorable.

    A stroller is better than the treadmill?!?!!? no way, lady! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana Point? I missed it for the first time in forever! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete