Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Not Giving Up

Yesterday I was super sore, I know it was just 2 miles, but it has been so long. I took it off of running. This morning, I woke up at 5:00am and was out the door at 5:30am. I definitely believe the worst part is actually getting out of bed. It's so nice and warm in my bed. I am not in my twenties anymore, so when I get out of bed, I am stiff for a while. Once I am out the door it's not so bad. I think I'll get used to getting up so early in a couple weeks, then it won't be so bad...hopefully.

I have been watching my food intake, since I am not running as many miles as before, I need to be more cautious of the amounts...I am not burning the calories I used to. I have also increased the vegetables, last night we had twice baked sweet potatoes and leeks. So stinkin good! I am not a vegetarian, but I have been trying to increase my fruit and vegetable intake, so sometimes I have meals without meat. Which is very foreign for an ex Atkins girl.

I have to say, it does suck, starting over again. Even though I am not at the complete beginning, I am pretty close. I think I have learned my lesson on taking a hiatus from running...don't. I should have kept running, but just decreased my mileage. This has been my first year of running adventures and I am still figuring stuff out. Running in the dark takes some getting used to. If I had another pair of shoes to switch back and forth with, I would try running in the rain...why not? I ran through the mud. : )

1 comment:

  1. starting over = not fun.
    but you've freaking got this!

    ReplyDelete