Sunday, October 31, 2010

New Plan

Eating today has been a total wash. Last night I had Mexican food. I am such a sucker for it. Good Mexican food in Southern California is so easy to find, and there just happens to be one down the street from my house. I got a chicken soft taco but I ate the beans and chips. Oh well. This morning I ate pumpkin bread, pop chips, toast, and this lentil and qeenwa (don't know spelling)- that is about the healthiest thing I have eaten today.

So I have a new plan I put together on my own with the help of Runners World and Hal Higdon. I think this plan will fit me better based on my history. I know it seems wishy washy, but I am still learning and after testing the waters on the Runners World plan I can tell it is a tad too advanced for me. So, this is gonna be the game plan for my sub 2 hour Half Marathon in February.

I am gonna weigh myself tomorrow, even after the junk food fest so wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. So spill the beans. Where was the restaurant? I'm always on the lookout for good Mexican Food. Mi Casa is a family favorite, but they use way too much cheese....

    Your plan looks good. Keep your long runs slow and easy and you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been racking my brain for the name of it Glenn - it is a little hole in the wall, but a very clean one...it is on Newport Blvd next to Starbucks...the one next to the fairgrounds. When I figure it out I'll send it over. Mi Casa is good - I still haven't found a replacement for Marios in Huntington Beach (we moved from there a year ago). MMMM Marios - I can blame most of my weight gain on them...best beans EVER - and the salsa mmmm - fresh chips. It was walking distance from our old house. I am currently trying to talk the hubby into going. I'll do a full report if we ever go back!

    ReplyDelete