Thursday, October 28, 2010

Starting From Scratch

So I feel like I am starting from scratch on running again. I went out for a little over 4 mile run which I was supposed to run on target pace (9 min mile). I don't have a Garmin so I never know my pace till I get to what I think is a mile (from map my run). My first mile I think I did about a 7:30 - crap...too fast. So I had to walk to come back from that one. Mile 2 and 3 was a mixture of fast, slow and walking. Mile 4 was sprinting all out and then walking (I was using streetlights as my start/finish). I really enjoyed mile 1 and mile 4, mile 2 and 3 sucked. The whole thing took me about 50 minutes - all in all not bad with all the walking I did. I am thinking if I can't figure out what a 9 min mile feels like - I am going to have to invest in one of those fancy watches.

So with all the walking it really made me feel like I was starting all over again. When I first started I was doing the whole run/walk thing. It kind of sucks to have to go back to walking when I know 4 miles is not too bad when I am cruising at my 10-10:30 pace. Since I now know that it is a process I will have patience and just go with it. I keep having to remind myself "Trust the process."

Eating-wise, I think I am on target. I am still not really following anything, I am just portion control and still keeping away from white flour, corn syrup, high processed foods, etc and eating more whole foods - I still eat my almond butter - I just cut it back to 1 TBSP a day instead of 2. I'll weigh myself on Monday and let you know if it is working.

1 comment:

  1. If you're trying to cut out flour/sugar, etc., you should follow this blog . Kathleen is a great person who has changed all her eating habits by cutting out sugar, flour, etc. and has dropped close to 100 lbs in the process. Plus she's an all around great person on the West Side of L.A.

    ReplyDelete