Saturday, September 4, 2010

I did it!

Yup, I ran 7 miles! It was a long way, but it felt pretty good. I am pretty worn out today since my son has decided that he would like to stay up all night. He is really killing me. He goes in phases; he sleaps really good for weeks, then all of the sudden we are back to square one. Tiredness has set in, so please excuse the lack of creativity in my writing. I would be resting right now, but I felt compelled to record such a major acomplishment. 7 miles is pretty major since it over an hour of running - it took me about 75 minutes to complete. We went down to the beach again first thing in the morning. I thought it was the best place to try out the 7 miles since it was flat and there is a halfway point, so if we were having a bad run, we could bail out. But, there was no reason to - it was a great run! It was super foggy first thing in the morning, so the view was just people and houses, but it was perfect weather, nice and cool.

When we were done running and I crashed on the bench we decided to go in the water to cool off our legs since all the bloggers and podcasters talk about how great ice baths are, I figured it was all in the same. The water was fifty something and boy was it cold! Whew! But it felt amazing!

After we got home, I treated myself to blueberry buckwheat pancakes, a nap, and a pedacure - what a fabulous day!

So now I am gonna cudle up on the couch with my hubby, watch a movie and call it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment