Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just Incase You Were Wondering...

Sugar free chocolate and running do not mix. I was poking around the house for something sweet today, having a major chocolate craving. There they were - the Atkins version of Reese's PB Cups. They hit the spot! Sugar free chocolate rocks!! Only when you have the time to care for the belly - usually I eat it at night and sleep the gurgles off. Not today, I had to eat them after lunch and when Bill came home at 2:00 wanting to go to the beach, I said, "Great! You get Jesse ready and I will be back in 30 minutes." Oh and by the way 2:00 in the afternoon during the summer in CA - not such a good idea either. I went out for my run slow and steady, about 10 minutes in the grumbling started and I had to take a little walk break to hold the cheeks together. It seemed like eternity to get home and when I did, holy explosion! I don't mean to be graphic, but man oh man. I am so glad that was over.

When I look back at this I think "man I am such a genius." Oh well, there is much to learn with this whole running thing...I am sure there will be many more days like this.

By the way, the new shoes are still on my good list since most of the pain in my legs are going away. However, and a big HOWEVER, they are going to go on the naughty list very soon if my legs keep failing. They are so tired, not sore, just tired. I am barely doing any miles right now, but it feels like I am working new muscles - I am blaming the shoes, but I am giving them some time since I am almost completely healed of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment