Friday, August 20, 2010

New Shoes

I went out for a test run after 2 days off and 1.5 miles in and same pains. I came to the realization that it might be my shoes. I just bought these Nike Lunarfly shoes since the salesperson told me they were great and well, they looked high tech and they were in the budget, so I bought them. Cute, huh?



They are comfy shoes, but it seems like since I have been running in them I have had shin splints, groin pain, and now a pulled quad...can you say "frustrating?"

So I got this $10 off coupon at Road Runner Sports in our 5K goodie bag and it said that they would do an whole review/analysis to and make sure you have the perfect fit. So I went. They measured my foot length and width, I stood on a pad that measured pressure, and they taped my running on a treadmill. The gal I had was very knowledgeable and I found out I have high arches (never knew that) and I run pigeon toed (I knew that - I just didn't know it would injure me). She got me some inserts for my arches and a neutral shoe. All in all a great experience, I didn't feel like I was being rushed or "sold." So these are the new running kicks:



I hope this will be the end of all of my running issues - I am getting excited, I want to go run right now - I am actually sitting at the computer in my new shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment