Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yoga is Like Jillian Right?

So I just finished 30 minutes of Yoga and 15 minutes of sitting in a hot bath with Epsom Salts and I am feeling mucho better. I would like to get up and go running tomorrow...should I chance it? Hmmmm, something tells me "No! Dummy! Give yourself one more day." Then something else tells me, "Come one! It is on the schedule! You have already missed one day!" Crazy head conversations aside, I am thinking for the greater goal, I will take one more day off.

I have almost convinced myself to register for the HB Marathon, since it is far enough in advance and close to my house. Choosing which marathon I run first is so weird, it is like selecting a husband. As if I am going to spend the rest of my life with the marathon. Such a weird thing.

One of the major things preventing me from registering is the fact that I am still overweight and can barely run 6 miles. The thought of running 26.2 miles is so overwhelming. Also, I am so slow!! They ask the question of estimated finish time...how the hell should I know? I could imagine if I did it I would be running for more then 5 hours??? I think?? Holy cow - is there a lunch break in there? Union rules!

On the other hand, I have watched Spirit of a Marathon, some other PBS Marathon movie and Saint Ralph...I think if I really practice and work hard, I can do it. I feel like I have defeated all sorts of things in my life - I am an ex homeless junkie...I have quit smoking, earned my Bachelors degree, had a baby, and I am a wife. I say these things as if I did them on my own, but I did not. Not only have I had people in my life pulling for me, but I have had God pulling for me. Sometimes I feel like He is in the stadium of life with his big foam finger cheering me through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment