Thursday, August 26, 2010

My name is Nikki and...

I am a Almond Butteraholic. Yup, I bought a jar 2 weeks ago and I have been having some every day with Agave or Honey on Ezekiel bread and OMG - Heaven. I am attempting not to overindulge, like a teaspoon/tablespoon a day...but I keep thinking about all the wonderful things I could put it on. Needless to say, I am obsessed.

I finally broke into the 60's! I am at 169.2. Pretty good for all that Almond Butter huh? My goal was 165 initially, but I am starting to wonder into uncharted territory. I have never been lower then that, well maybe in like JR High and High School when I was getting high...but I have no idea how much I weighed then, I was too spun. It is pretty slow and I have been very relaxed about food, I have just decided to abstain (as much as possible) from the foods that I get super addicted to like cake, refined sugar, fried food, fast food, white flour, corn syrup, highly processed foods. Since it is pretty slow, I am sure my body will naturally plateau when it is ready to. I am pretty far from that though. Good to know things are still moving right along.

3 miles today - all went well. I could still feel some shin pain but when I got home I iced, elevated and took some IB Profin, now I am good as new. Tomorrow is my rest day and we will be going to Disneyland for the day. Saturday is a 3 mile run and i am considering doing it at the beach since it is flat and I am not running sideways from the streets. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Super Congrats on the 160's, awesome! I have the same addiction with nutbutters, why do they have to be so stinkin good? I was actually thinking of doing a personal challenge, where I don't eat nut butters for 3 weeks.

    I found your blog through the comments section on Monica. I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete