Sunday, August 29, 2010

6 Miles is Still a Long Way

This morning I did my 6 mile long run...it took me about 70 minutes with a small (2 block) walk break at 5.5 and a run into the 7/11 for water since I would not pass my house. I have to admit, it was much easier then I thought it was going to be, but it was still a long time to be running for. I felt really good, it was amazing!

I am going to try and explain this to you, but this might be one of those things that is in your head and it never translates the same. But I'll try. Background: For the past several years I have been so goal oriented - eye on the prize - that I have missed so many other things that I have been getting to do today. As I was running today, I kept looking forward, all the way down to the end of the street, but as usual, I was missing every thing else along the way. I know it is pretty cliche to take time to small the roses...but the reason it is so cliche is that almost everyone can relate. I felt like God was opening my eyes to a different way of life, a way of life where I would focus on the present things and glance at the end.

Another thing I noticed; the street I was running on was one of the streets I started running on. I could barely make it a few blocks back then. Time has flown by so fast, it is amazing how quickly the miles have started adding up for me.

By the way I went to Disneyland with my mom, niece, and Jesse on Friday...we had a blast!




No, my cheeks are not that big...I just took a big bite of my sandwich.

Tomorrow is a rest day, I'll probably do some Yoga and ab work and then call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment