Sunday, August 15, 2010

OC Fair 5K







Ok so this is my first actual race that didn't include mud. Can you say FUN!?!? I am now totally addicted. I know a 5K isn't really a long way for most runners, but for me it is a pretty good distance. So here is my recap:

Bill decided he wanted to push Jesse, so we called my mom to let her know and then told her she still needed to come to be our cheerleader. We got there at about 7:30am, registered and then went to get Bill some Kaopectate(sp?) for his stomach (he woke up in the middle of the night with...well..I'll spare you). We came back parked the car and got Jesse set up - Jesse was in a terrible mood since we woke him up at about 6:30am. I walked the the bathroom and waited in the women's long line while watching the men just mosey in and out of their bathrooms. We took our before pictures with my mom and got in line to run. I decided that it would be best if we were at the back of the line with the stroller...we hung out with all the other stroller people. And away we went!! I loved the fact that they let us all go at once instead of in layers....it really made it that much more exciting. Being in the back had its advantages too as it forced me to go out slow. We had to run around a lot of people, but since I didn't have the stroller it wasn't that bad. The course was very flat (nice for a beginner like me) and we got to see the super fast people at different areas of the course. They were flying by, it was so motivating and great to watch. I stayed steady the entire race, I probably could have pushed it a little more, but I wanted to stay the course and pace myself. I did, and when I saw the finish line I picked up the pace and booked it as fast as I could. It felt terrific!

I posted some after race videos Bill made with his phone...kindof fun...you can tell we had a great time.

My only gripe was that they got my time wrong, way wrong. They have me running 6:30min miles. Not even close. I finished somewhere close to 30-33 minutes.

All in all a great morning, but now I would like to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a great race! Love the videos too. Looks like everyone had great time.

    ReplyDelete